What is TRAIF
There is hardly any part of society that will not be affected by AI. Yet, until recently, discussions around the responsible use of AI and AI ethics were underrepresented and often seen as a sub-discipline of computer science. In recent years, however, a lot of things have changed. AI ethics and AI governance are taken much more seriously both at regional and at the international level. AI for good has become a term used throughout various sectors and in the media. And the impact of technology on society’s most significant challenges (for example climate change, democracy, warfare and economic development) has been brought to center stage. Moreover, the growing number of institutes and centers working on the topic of AI ethics and responsible use of AI, the large volume of research papers and the numerous events taking place worldwide underscore the progress that is being made. With this progress in mind, the Responsible AI Forum aims to bring experts from diverse fields, as well as from academia, government, civil society and industry, together to discuss the development of AI-based technologies within an ethical, sustainable, inclusive and comprehensive framework that delivers world benefit. In the spirit of substantive exchange between stakeholders from different fields and sectors, the paper and workshop sessions must bear in mind the questions: how can my research findings be used or implemented by practitioners AND/OR how can our experience and insights from practice be useful for future research? We invite all interested stakeholders to submit research abstracts in order to participate in the conference. Key topics of interest include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Responsible AI in Business How can AI be used in a productive and responsible way in the businesses and workplaces of the future? What does this mean for employee tasks and monitoring, recruitment or financial practices? And how will this be informed by or alter our understanding of business ethics?
- Responsible AI and Human Interaction How does AI and the systems that are enabled by it change or influence human behavior? What are the implications of this on society, how we learn and interact with each other and for personal well-being? What does this mean for how we conceive our world or the metaverse?
- Responsible AI for Sustainability AI has endless potential applications in many sectors related to sustainability and sustainable development. How do we make sure the use of AI in fields such as agriculture, education or mobility, for building smart cities, for eliminating hunger and poverty, or for improving public institutions and democracy are developed and used in a responsible way? What are the potentials, and potential ethical challenges of the increased use of AI-enabled tools to achieve the SDGs and mitigate environmental harms?
- Responsible AI Governance and the Rule of Law What can or should AI governance look like? How do we actually implement AI guiding principles like explainability, accountability, and trust? What does the enhanced and increased use of technologies like AI mean for democracy and the rule or law?
- Responsible AI and Health Care How can AI play a responsible role in health care settings? How do issues like explainability, trust and privacy enter into this sector in particular when it comes to the role of AI-enabled tools? How can we improve the uptake, and promote the positive trade offs of the use of technology in this field?
Ready To Register?
Event will start in